Sunday, October 28, 2007

Kelis dropped by Jive "Turkey" records...

Oh, no....(Even Kelis is shocked by this) LOL

(note: this magazine is so last year, but it fits perfectly with my topic.)LOL


So, anyway, Jive "Turkey" Records has dropped "Ms. Milkshake", Kelis from their record label due to her lastest 2006 "Kelis was Here" album sales in the US.

read more here:Source
(Sad to hear this because in my opinion, Kelis tried...she got a haircut, got her husband Nas on the album...Also Bossy was a good comeback song for her)

Kelis' 2003 "Tasty" album which radio stations played her single "Milkshake" in heavy rotation and it went gold but her last album didn't do too well.

I remember when she first came out with the big colorful hair and "I hate you so much right now" video. LOL

Kelis is different and her style is like no other. I read that she will be trying to host a show like Project Runway...that's up her alley because she's very fashionable. (Her hair cut is fierce!)

Good luck to my girl, Kelis!! (I am still a fan) When one door closes another one will open...hopefully in "fashion" for her and not "acting"...Speaking of acting..I heard her and Nas's MTV reality show has been cancelled oh well, hopefully her eye for fashion will help her out.

photos: Vibe
Respective record labels for:
Kelis was here
Tasty
Kaleidoscope

No comments:

Today's Gossip is..

Today's Gossip is..